Tips: Debit Card Security
Fraud attempts will occur, here are some tips to help minimize the risk to your Debit Card:
- Never write your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your card.
- Never share your PIN with anyone.
- Set up Card Alerts to notify you of card transactions as they happen to protect your account from Debit Card fraud.
- Use Digital Wallet for in-store and online purchases to protect your cardholder information against data breaches.
- Sign up for enhanced fraud protection services with MasterCard ID Theft Protection.
- When you receive a replacement card, activate it right away and destroy your old card.
- Securely store or dispose of your debit card receipts.
- Keep your contact information up-to-date in the event the Bank needs to verify transactions.
- Be aware of your surroundings. If you notice anything suspicious, use a different ATM. If you believe a crime is in progress, get to a safe distance, and call the authorities.
- Quickly examine the ATM. If it appears tampered with, the equipment components seem loose or damaged, or the machine otherwise doesn't function the way you'd expect, please do not use it and notify us immediately
- Shield the keyboard while you enter your PIN.
- Do not count your cash in public. Put it away immediately and leave the ATM area.
- Don't trust a website without checking on its security/encryption.
- Use Digital Wallet rather than entering your debit card information.
- Get a street address, not a post office box, and telephone number, then call the seller to see if the telephone number is correct and working.
- Check out the Better Business Bureau from the seller's rating and client feedback.
- Be cautious when buying from individuals/companies located outside the U.S.
- Don't send your debit card number by email or text.
- Don't give anyone your debit card number by phone unless you initiated the call.
Automated Teller Machines (ATMs)
Our ATMs can help you with a number of basic transactions.
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay allow you to use your ARB debit card using your smart phone or watch at contact-less payment terminals.
Start using your card the same day you open your account with our instant-issue debit card.