Tips: Protecting Your Devices
Here are a few tips for protecting yourself while using applications on your devices:
- Third party software applications may contain features allowing for device compromise and personal information leaks.
- Only download applications from official sources such as Apple App Store or Google Play, avoid jail breaking or rooting your devices.
- Check application privacy settings periodically.
- Consider using mobile security software; applications are available for Android and Apple devices.
- Be selective with granting app permissions:
- Periodically review privacy settings to ensure apps are not collecting or sharing excessive amounts of data.
- If using location services, ensure location privacy/permission settings for such apps is understood and adequately limited.