Tips: Password Security
Strong authentication practices protect your online and mobile accounts against compromise:
- Use unique passwords for each website, reputable password vaults with strong encryption make it easier to manage multiple sets of credentials.
- Don’t share passwords with anyone.
- Change your passwords periodically.
- Don't use obvious or well-known information for your passwords (birthdates, anniversaries, etc.)
- Longer is stronger. Establish “pass phrases” instead of traditional “passwords”; multiple words combined can create an easy to remember, more secure password (examples below).
- Use out of band multi-factor authentication to further protect logins for high risk services such as online banking and email. Consider using a soft or hard token authenticator instead of text messages for the second factor.
- Avoid logging in to websites from links sent in email. Leverage search engines to locate the legitimate website instead.
- Use at least ten characters (12 or more is better!)
- Create passwords that are easy to remember, but hard to guess.
- Phrases are great: SunsetsarethebestonJanuary1st!
- Create a password from the first letter of each word in a memorable sentence.
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay allow you to use your ARB debit card using your smart phone or watch at contact-less payment terminals.
Online and Mobile Banking
Whether you need to check a balance, pay a bill, stop a payment, or order checks, online and mobile banking make it easy!
Start using your card the same day you open your account with our instant-issue debit card.